Our re-opening across the pubs is a staged process and will evolve. Things are different. We are very restricted on customer numbers and operating with much smaller teams. Gusto hospitality remains key to everything we do and we are determined that ‘Less really is more’. The safety and well-being of our team and our customers is at the heart of our plans and everything has been designed to comply with all government guidance and legislation.
We’re open for drinks and meals from our new weekly menu (and a roast on Sundays). To enable our kitchen team to work safely, our weekly menu is only available for up to 40 people at each service. Your booking is for an inside table but if the weather is good and there’s a table free in the garden when you arrive, you are welcome to eat outside.
the fox experience
We ask that you enjoy your drinks or meal in socially distanced, seated areas only. We’ll show you to your table and bring everything to you.
We have indoor seating for up to 50 customers and outdoor seating for up to 20 customers. We are not taking bookings for outdoor tables. Please check the weather forecast and accessorise yourself accordingly with an umbrella/sun-hat/wetsuit/string vest as we may not be able to seat you inside if it rains.
We have Brewshed beer at the ready as well as a small range of other beers and Aspalls cider. If you’d like a glass of wine, we have a compact list of wines by the glass or bottle plus a small range of spirits and soft drinks.
keeping everyone safe
We are only happy to re-open in a way that we are really confident will enable us to offer you the same great Gusto hospitality that you’ve experienced in the past with us whilst complying with all government and industry guidelines.
We want to reassure everyone who visits (or is considering visiting) us that we have always taken cleanliness and hygiene very seriously and will continue to do so. We have carried out a risk assessment and our Staying Covid-19 Secure certificate is on display. We use Suma Bac D10 to sanitise which is effective against corona viruses. Your table will be cleaned between each use and our team will follow a frequent hand washing regime and do their utmost to socially distance from you. Cutlery will be put on the table after you arrive and salt and pepper mills will be sanitised before each use. Payment is by card only. Current government guidance permits 1 metre plus social distancing where other mitigating factors are in use, such as frequent hand washing or use of sanitising gel, increased cleaning of frequent touch points, good ventilation and clear signage around the building.
Government guidance states that when managing the risk of COVID-19, additional PPE beyond what is usually worn is not beneficial and that face coverings are not a replacement for other ways of managing risk. The latest industry guidance does not encourage the use of masks or other PPE (over and above what is normally worn) by our teams. If you would like to wear a face covering inside the pub, please feel free to do so.
We need to ask a few things of you if you’re paying us a visit to keep us all safe:
- If you have any symptoms, do not visit us.
- Respect social distancing at all times.
- Follow good hand hygiene by washing your hands or using sanitising gel, avoid touching your face and cough or sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve.
- In accordance with government requirements, we will record your name and contact details (one per group) in order to assist NHS Test and Trace if required. If you pre-book, we will use your details from our booking system for this purpose.
- From 14th September, the maximum group size is 6 people (unless you are a household or support bubble which is larger than 6). Each household should socially distance as much as possible.
- Don’t interact with other groups during your visit.
- Once you are seated at your table, please stay there unless you are ordering (or need to visit the toilet).
- Children are welcome but must remain with you at your table (unless visiting the toilet when we ask you to go with them).
current social distancing rules
We’ve tried to keep our rules to a minimum but are 100% focused on keeping everyone safe and will ask you to leave if you don’t stick to these. Please be kind and respect our team, they are working really hard to make your visit enjoyable and safe. If you’d like to get in touch, you can e-mail us at email@example.com.
We want to thank you for supporting us on the next phase of our re-opening journey.
There’s a way to go but we will take our time and evolve as and when we feel the time is right.