Things are different since re-opening after lockdown. We are very restricted on customer numbers and operating with much smaller teams. Gusto hospitality remains key to everything we do and we are determined that ‘Less really is more’. The safety and well-being of our team and our customers is at the heart of our plans and everything has been designed to comply with all government guidance and legislation.
We are in a Tier 2 area which is a local Covid alert level of High. This means that you can only mix indoors with people that you live with (or have formed a support bubble with) and we can only serve alcohol with a substantial meal. You can find more information here:
We’re open for drinks and meals from our weekly menu (and a roast on Sundays). To enable our kitchen team to work safely, our weekly menu is only available for up to 40 people at each service. You can view our opening hours here:
the fox experience
Eating or drinking is in socially distanced, seated areas only. We’ll show you to your table and bring everything to you. We can only serve alcohol as part of a substantial meal.
We have indoor seating for up to 50 customers.
We have Brewshed beer at the ready as well as a small range of other beers and Aspalls cider. If you’d like a glass of wine, we have a compact list of wines by the glass or bottle plus a small range of spirits and soft drinks.
keeping everyone safe
We are really confident that we can offer you the same great Gusto hospitality that you’ve experienced in the past with us whilst complying with all government and industry guidelines.
We want to reassure everyone who visits (or is considering visiting) us that we have always taken cleanliness and hygiene very seriously and will continue to do so. We have carried out a risk assessment and our Staying Covid-19 Secure certificate is on display. We use Suma Bac D10 to sanitise which is effective against corona viruses. Your table is cleaned between each use and you will be served by one team member (where possible) at your table who will follow a frequent hand washing regime and do their utmost to socially distance from you. Cutlery is put on the table after you arrive and salt and pepper mills are sanitised before each use. Payment is by card only. Current government guidance permits 1 metre plus social distancing where other mitigating factors are in use, such as frequent hand washing or use of sanitising gel, increased cleaning of frequent touch points, good ventilation and clear signage around the building.
You must wear a face covering (unless you are exempt) inside the pub except when you are at your table. Our team are also wearing face coverings.
We need to ask a few things of you if you’re paying us a visit to keep us all safe:
- Don’t visit us if you have any symptoms.
- Wear a face covering (unless you are exempt) inside the building except when you are at your table.
- Respect social distancing & don’t interact with other groups during your visit.
- We are in Tier 2 so you can only sit with your household or support bubble.
- Follow good hand hygiene by washing your hands or using sanitising gel.
- Avoid touching your face & cough or sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve.
- Your name & contact details must be recorded for NHS Test & Trace. Please scan our QR code on arrival using the NHS Covid-19 app to check yourself in & leave the confirmation screen open (or we can record your details). If you are part of a group, we will record the details of one person unless everyone has checked in on the NHS app. If you pre-book, we will provide your details from our booking system to Test & Trace if required.
- Once you are seated at your table, please stay there (unless you need to visit the toilet) & we’ll bring everything to you.
- Children are welcome but must remain with you at your table (unless visiting the toilet when we ask you to go with them).
- Payment is by card only.
current social distancing rules
We’ve tried to keep our rules to a minimum but are 100% focused on keeping everyone safe and will ask you to leave if you don’t stick to these. Please be kind and respect our team, they are working really hard to make your visit enjoyable and safe. If you’d like to get in touch, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to thank you for your support, it is much appreciated.